Easy baked vanilla cup cake made with vanilla extract and vanilla beans
3/4 cup sugar
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup skimmed milk, divided
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 vanilla bean, scraped (or 1 additional tablespoon vanilla extract)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Combine the dry ingredients and butter in a bowl of a standing mixer and mix on low speed until the batter is completely mixed in and there is a mealy consistency
4. Add 1/4 cup of the milk and mix slowly to make a paste. (This will break up any lumps that are trying to form)
5. In a separate medium bowl, combine the eggs with the rest of the milk. The vanilla extract, and the vanilla beans scrapings, and slowly pour the mixture into the batter in the standing mixer. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix on high for about 10 to 15 seconds.
6. With an ice cream scoop, fill the cups in the cupcake pan about 3/4 full and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. The cupcake tops will just be slightly golden. If you over bake the cupcakes, brush the tops with simple syrup right when they come out of the oven and they'll be good to eat that day, but cannot be eaten the next day.
Make 12 cupcakes
Keep three days in the fridge in an airtight container