I usually make my own barbecue sauce from scratch using ketchup, brown sugar, white or apple cider vinegar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce and things like that. In this video, I am using bottled barbecue sauce, but I jazz it up a bit to kind of make it, my own.
This recipe is all about how you can add ingredients to bottled barbecue sauce to make it your own. I already shared with you how to French fried chicken and how to make home-made BBQ sauce.
I French fried pieces of chicken . The chicken pieces are cooled, and the excess oil drained. I generously brush the flavourful BBQ sauce on each chicken piece.
3 cups your favourite BBQ sauce
1/2 cup strawberry jam (adds a little extra flavour)
1 clove garlic, grated
2 splashes of bottled hot sauce
1 splash of white rum (the rum gives the BBQ a tangy taste)
1. Pour the barbecue sauce into a small pot (or a saucepan).
2. Add the strawberry jam. Grate in the garlic (you can also just mince it finely)
3. Add the hot sauce and rum then stir to combine all the ingredients.
4. Heat the sauce over medium heat until it's very hot and the flavours combine
5. Remove from heat and set aside
Preheat the oven to 375 F (175 C) degrees. Line a roasting pan or baking sheet with a piece of foil paper. Put the chicken onto the foil paper, make sure to space them. Put into the oven for 10-15 minutes or until sauce caramelized minutes. Remove from oven and serve.