My Jamaican home baked chicken. This is an easy dish to prepare.
2 lbs. chicken, remove skin and excess fat. Wash with vinegar and water solution. Drain, then pat dry
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. rosemary
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. chilli powder
Few slices onion, and hot and sweet peppers
1 stalk scallion
1 clove garlic
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
Put the onion, scallion, hot pepper, garlic and vegetable oil in a blender and blend to a smooth paste.
1. Put chicken into a bowl and season with all the dry condiments, then rub on the blended herbs and spices. Cover and marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes (optional)
2. Preheat oven at 350 degrees F
3. Put chicken into a baking pan. Use a sheet of foil paper to cover pan then place in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, remove chicken from oven and turn each piece.
5. To make a sauce, mix together 4 tbsp. ketchup and 1 tsp. dark soy sauce. I mixed this sauce with the pan juice to make a nice thick gravy.
6. After 15 minutes, remove chicken from oven and spoon over the sauce on each piece of chicken. Return chicken to oven for about five minutes. Remove from oven after 5 minutes and serve.