This is not the traditional way of preparing potato salad in Jamaica. I will do that recipe soon. This is my special way of preparing potato salad. Potato is called Irish potato or Irish in Jamaica.
Tips : Always store Irish potatoes in the dark as soon as possible after your purchase. If they exposed to light during storage, they may develop green patches.
Small green patches on the skin of potatoes can be cut away with a peeler or knife, but if the greening covers too large an area, throw the affected potatoes away. Greening on the potatoes can cause gastrointestinal distress.
3 large Irish Potatoes (red –skinned potatoes are the best)
2 tbsp. minced onion and hot pepper
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup canned green peas, drained
1/4 cup canned sweet corn, drained
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 tsp. butter milk
1/8 cup crumbled blue cheese
1. Peel and cut Irish into 3/4 inch pieces
2. Cook in covered in lightly salted water for 10-15 minutes or until tender
3. Drain. Put Irish to chill in the refrigerator
4. Remove chilled Irish from fridge
5. Add the minced onion and hot pepper, garlic salt, black pepper, green peas and sweet corn and toss gently to combine
6. In a container, stir together, yogurt, buttermilk and blue cheese. Add to potatoes and toss gently to coat.
7. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving