How to cook fresh pigs tail: This is fresh pig's tail and not the salted ones.
Fresh pigs tail
1 tsp. ginger root
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Slices of hot pepper
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. chilli powder
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. all-purpose
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground pimento
2 stalk scallion, roughly chopped
1 sprig thyme
1 small onion, sliced
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Cut pig's tail into medium pieces. Wash with lime/lemon water, drain
2. Season in a bowl with all the herbs and spices. Marinate for at least 30 minutes
3. Put a medium-size pot on medium heat and add the oil.
4. Brown pig's tail; seven minutes for each side
5. When completed, remove fried pig’s tail from pot. Pour off any remaining oil that is in the pot.
6. Return the pot to heat, add the fried pig’s tail along with scallion, onion, hot pepper, ginger and garlic. Add 2 cups of water. Cover pot and cook on high heat. The cooking time depends on the texture of the pig’s tail. Two cups of water cooked my pigs tail because it was a young pig.
7. When the pig's tail becomes tender. Add ketchup and more salt if needed. Lower heat and simmer to gravy. Remove from heat and serve.