In Jamaican household, the Sunday dinner is a huge affair! The family must have dinner together, and the juice must be plentiful. Among the many juices that may be served with the Sunday dinner, is carrot juice.
Please have yourself a Happy, healthy and prosperous 2018. Thanks for visiting my blog, and I am asking you for your continuous support in 2018 and beyond. Please feel free to share my blog and tell others about it. I also have a YouTube channel, if it is not too much to ask, please for your support there as well because my aim is to have 100,000 subscribers before the year ends.
10 large carrots
3 cups water
1 tsp. grated nutmeg
2 tbsps. Wray & Nephew white rum (optional)
2 tsp. vanilla flavouring or 1 tsp. vanilla essence
Condensed milk to sweeten
Carrot and ginger go well together, here is the recipe carrot ginger drink
1. Remove carrots tops and tips and wash them thoroughly under running water.
2. There is no need to peel the carrots. Cut each carrot into 3 or 4 pieces
Blend carrots and water in a blender until smooth. Blend in batches if needed to
4. Strain carrot juice through a piece of cheese cloth.
5. Sweeten with condensed milk. Add rum, vanilla and nutmeg
6. Put to be chilled or serve with ice