Herbs and orange grilled chicken. Juicy succulent grilled chicken, seasoned with herbs, spices, and orange zest.
Jamaican jerked chicken. The Jamaican Maroons created the jerk method. They developed a blend of herbs, spices, hot peppers and pimento leaves which they used when cooking the wild pigs (or wild hogs, as it is called in Jamaica) they captured in the Blue Mountains. Watch how to jerk chicken, the real authentic way on my YouTube channel
Herbs And Orange Grilled chicken Ingredients
1 3lbs chicken, cut in halves/washed with vinegar and water/drained
1/2 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. all purpose
1/2 tsp. chicken season
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. Oregano
1/2 tsp. Marjoram
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. grated orange peel
1 clove garlic, minced
1 stalk escallion, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp. thyme leaves (dried or fresh)
Slices of hot pepper
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tbsp. white vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1. In a small bowl, mix together all the dried herbs and spices.
2. Use herbs and spice blend to rub all over the chicken halves. Rub the mixture between skin and flesh of chicken.
3. Place seasoned chicken halves into a container with cover or a Ziploc bag. Add the fresh herbs (garlic, escallion, and hot pepper). Cover and marinate for at least 3 hours
4. Mix together orange juice, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
5. Place chicken on prepared grill; skin side up, about 8 inches from heat.
6. Cover grill pan and grill chicken halves, turning and basting with orange juice mixture every 5 minutes for about 40 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.