Watch video here
Jamaican greater cake is a traditional snack
3 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
2 cups grated coconut (the white part only)
1. Remove the brown part on the dry coconut. Grater the white part only and set aside.
2. Put a thick bottomed sauce pan on medium heat and add sugar and water, stir until the sugar dissolved.
3. Add grated coconut and stir, allow to boil uncover. Stir constantly until liquid becomes thick.
4. Remove from heat and pour mixture onto a baking sheet, cover with grease paper.
5. Use pink colouring to colour half.
6. Leave to set, cut into square