How to defrost chicken in a flash
Defrosting chicken in quick time
Defrosting is quick and easy in the microwave but times vary according to the form in which chicken is frozen- whole chicken, cut-up, select parts. In general, follow these steps:
How to cook chicken in microwave
- Remove chicken from freezer wrapper
- Place on roasting rack in shallow microwave dish
- Cover with wax paper or plastic wrap with corner vented
- Microwave on defrost or Medium-Low for 2 minutes; let stand 2 minutes. Repeat, if needed
- Turn chicken and separate parts as chicken thaws, taking care that it does not begin to cook
- Giblets defrost quicker than other parts; remove when pliable
- Bonier parts, such as wings, thaw before meatier parts. A whole chicken requires more defrosting time than parts.
- Defrosted chicken feels soft, moist and cold but not hard and stiff
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.