For all roast chicken lovers out there, here are a very simple ways to treat yourself, easy country-style whole roast chicken, Jamaican-style.
1 3-lb. broiler/fryer chicken, giblets removed
1/4 cup Roast Chicken Seasoning
3 sprigs rosemary
8 sprigs thyme
1 large lemon, sliced thinly
1 large lemon, wedged
2 tbsp. butter
Roast Chicken Seasoning Recipe
1 cup paprika
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup lemon pepper
1/4 cup dried rosemary
1/4 cup dried thyme
1/4 cup chipotle powder
Combine all ingredients in an airtight container.
Method for roasting chicken
1. Loosen skin from chicken. Rub flesh with Seasoning.
2. Place lemon slices in the bottom of a roasting pan and place chicken on top.
3. Stuff cavity with thyme, rosemary, and lemon wedges.
4. Place 1 tbsp. butter under the skin of each breast.
5. Insert an oven-safe probe thermometer into the breast but not touching butter.
6. Bake in a 325° oven until breast internal temperature reaches 165° and thigh meat reaches 170°. Cover with foil and let rest 10 minutes; serve