Our warm Jamaican climate, allow us to have BBQ all year round. Try my juicy barbecued chicken recipe. If it is possible, you can do this BBQ chicken on a grill if not use an oven.
1 small 3 lbs. chicken, cut up
3 cloves garlic
2 stalks escallion
1 sprig fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried thyme
1 small onion
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. all purpose
To make BBQ sauce
1 cup white vinegar
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 cup ketchup
- Mix all ingredients of barbecue sauce together in a saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes and then cool. Set aside
- Wash chicken in lime water. Drain and then pat dry.
- Blend garlic, escallion, thyme, onion and hot pepper in a blender with 1 tsp. vinegar.
- Season chicken with all the herbs and spices. Cover and marinate for 15 minutes
- Pour barbecue sauce over chicken and leave to marinate a further 15 minutes
- When ready to barbecue, light the coal. Burn until coal appears white
- Put chicken on grill. The chicken should have enough space between the coal and the chicken
- Barbecue chicken skin side down, turning frequently for 35 minutes or until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear