Jamaican oxtail with gravy. Stewed oxtail with broad beans is one of the most Jamaican delicious recipe. Try this mouth-watering recipe today. This is a classic Jamaican dish and is perfect for any day of the week. The oxtail is very tender and the gravy is very rich
2 lbs. oxtail
1 onion, finely chopped
1 stalk escallion, finely chopped
fresh thyme, finely chopped
1 hot pepper, finely chopped
Pimento seeds (allspice)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Salt to taste
1 tsp. all-purpose
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. soya sauce (optional)
1 tsp. food browning (optional)
1 lb. broad beans
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1. Removed as much fats as possible from oxtail then wash with lime water. Drain
2. Season oxtail with spices and fresh herbs. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least one hours
3. Heat oil on low flames in a big enough pot. Add seasoned oxtail. Cover pot and allow oxtail to cook in its own juice.
4. When oxtails begin to fry, add water; enough to cover oxtails. Cook oxtail on medium-low heat until partially tender, adding more water when needed.
5. Add beans when the oxtails are partially cooked. Add more water if needed.
6. Cover pot and cook beans and oxtails on low heat until becomes tender.
7. Adjust the taste by adding more salt if needed. Simmer on low heat until gravy thickens.
8. Serve with your favourite food