This is the original Jamaican fried chicken. Back in the olden years, chicken did not drench in flour and egg mixture. This is how many Jamaicans (especially the elderly) still fry their chicken.
2 lbs chicken legs and wings (skin removed, optional)
2 tsp. paprika
1 tbs. each of Maggie chicken seasoning and all-purpose
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Wash chicken legs and wings with vinegar and water solution. Drain
2. Season chicken legs and wings with all the condiments; salt included.
3. Marinate for 30 minutes the least (optional)
4. In a thick bottomed skillet on low/medium heat. Add the oil
5. Put seasoned chicken wings and legs into the hot oil, the amount per batch depends on the size of the pot.
6. Fry chicken for 7 minutes on each side. Make sure the heat is not on high. The chicken should be cooked thoroughly .
7. Remove from heat when completed. Make sure the chicken is not dried-out during the frying process. Keep the heat low/medium and please be patient
You can make a dipping sauce or eat the chicken without a sauce.